Saturday 12 October 2013

Retreat and a little more than a week.

This weekend  4-6 Oct was the national Discipleship year weekend retreat. It was amazing because we got to meet all the other people from all the other centres across the country which was great. God really spoke to me about my trust issues and I abseiled down a huge tower. The guy who was running the abseiling prayed for me and he said  think on what it says in psalm 23 ' yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil...

On monday I started an evening theology course because I am clearly not getting enough theology. I enjoyed it and I now have some reading to do. This doing lots of theology made me remember why I dropped RS at school. I mean I did it GCSE but not A level. Firstly because at that time I was scared that if I studied my faith I would realise there was nothing there. Secondly because I get confused by the bible quite easily. One of my tasks and targets for this year is to read the whole bible I have read it all at least once at some point in my life just not in the space of a year. The other is to get together some foundational theologies.

This week we learned about God's promises to us and about how to read the bible knowing the context of the genre and what form the text was supposed to be that was great. we had good fun writing our own genre specific stuff. I also have been helping with Alpha which is good fun I get to be on the door giving out stickers which is really fun and the team are great.

Thursday was my second week with the older people because my church internship is split between working with the students and the seniors. This Thursday it was their dinner which was fun I got to meet some lovely new people. I love working with them. Student Alpha was great we had good fun with it all. We were on who is Jesus which is always an interesting one.

So Job front well this is the reason for the lateness in post. I have had a telephone interview this week with a well known UK department store and they have called my back for interview next Saturday so I am hoping that something comes of it. I didn't get the jewellery shop job because of my hours being wrong and it turns out I am not eligible for job seekers. So that just leaves trusting God which I have been doing for months and months hmm do we think I am learning a good lesson in patience?

No comments:

Post a Comment