Tuesday 24 September 2013

One week in...

Ok so it been a week. Totally mad to think I have know these guys a week and we are already so close. Had three of the other interns for dinner last night which was good fun and I have moved house. Whoa one thing at a time I am getting away from myself.

Induction to the church.
I am interning at a church as a part of the course helping with the students and the senior citizen outreach. Thursday we were shown around and basically it was information overload but I think I have the essentials like where in the office the tea is kept and how to turn on t he lights in the church. Also there is a fire assembly point... might look that one up later because might be best not to have forgotten where that is... think that was about the measure of it oh and they shared the church's vision which is kinda important - well very important and I have that written down somewhere.

Job hunting.
To be honest Job hunting feels intensely futile as much as I have claimed it for Christ and prayed about it and everything. I have handed out so many CVs to shops and places  although I drew the line at shops that were not of a kingdom vision ie. betting shops and the like. I have filled in loads of application forms. I am just praying that I get a part time job soon because there are a lot of things to pay for and I am hoping my resources will stretch till I get a job and a pay check.

Sunday
Church was amazing and we had great fun they introduced us all to the church. There was another girl there from my small town who was on a uni course here so that was interesting although we didn't go to the same school. I came to the realisation that not only everyone who was there when I was at school had left but many had been born since I started in year 7. That is scary. We had good fun after church together too although I missed the trip to the pub which was sad but there is always next Sunday.

Today
Today was our second teaching session and they got this amazing woman of God in to talk about our identity in Christ and it was amazing she was so prophetic and inspired.  I now have this list of words of scripture to read over myself and my life. We also kind of bonded deeper as a group and this was rounded with prayer ministry training which is always good to be reminded of the good practise of that. I love praying for people  its great to get alongside people even if nothing really happens its great just to be with them as they encounter God. We had practical and it was great. See you can't speak with authority in Jesus name like 'cough be gone in the name of Jesus' if you haven't rooted your identity in him first.

I am so excited for the year ahead its been such an amazing week Thank you God for the amazing week I have had. Loving this.

If you would like to pray for anything please pray

- pray for those people in Kenya in that shopping centre.
- pray that God gives us energy and vision for the year ahead.
- pray for those who are Christians and can't meet together because the country they live in persecutes the church.
- Pray that I will find a job.
-  Pray that someone donates us furniture because I am on an air bed and I am not sure how long my back can cope with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment